Sunday, October 21, 2007

Two funny Sunday stories

The past two weeks at church have lead to some funny stories I thought I should share. Last week our Bishop, who is a funny fellow, pulls Ja aside and tells him, "So I've heard Laura has the Egyptian flu, sick for 9 months then becomes a mummy." Ja was so confused, he was pretty sure I wasn't pregnant, but still got confused. He assured Bishop I wasn't pregnant then walked off trying to figure out why Bishop would be asking that. When he told me I thought, great I have the mommy tummy and I'm not even pregnant. We found out later that Bishop just learned of that joke and wanted to use it on someone and first thought of Ja because he said we've been married long enough to have a child. I was very relieved to not have the mommy tummy.
The next story happened today. We walk in the front doors to church to see a poster advertising the stake blood drive. As I'm reading the poster I realize my picture is on there! The same picture that ended up on some website! We had nothing to do with the poster, we don't even know who made it. So all during church people made comments about my picture, wondering how it got on the poster. One guy said I must have donated a lot of blood to make it on the poster. A few guys in elders quorum asked Ja how my picture got on there so Bishop made him explain to the whole quorum! I was a little embarrassed. I felt like people were looking at me funny after that. I guess it's better that Ja explained so people don't think I made the poster and put a picture of myself on it. Anyways, I thought those stories were worth sharing.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Laura, Laura, Laura...we know you're on your way to being famous. we're excited for you and sorry that you have the Egyptian Flu (but according to Andrew that puts you right on schedule j/k!)