Friday, February 15, 2008

My Big Accomplishment

My family will probably laugh at me, especially those who run marathons, but I'm still proud. Today, for my first time ever, I ran two miles without stopping! That is the longest I have ever run at one time. My goal was to run just 8 laps, which is more than I've ever done, but when I got to 8 I still felt good, then at 9 felt good, so I decided to run one more lap and make it 2 miles. I was so happy with myself. It's so nice to not have to stop because your lungs are hurting, this time my knees made me stop. I don't know how you marathoners do it!


I would like to thank a few people/things for my accomplishment:
I couldn't have done this without my running shoes, they are so comfortable. Thanks for buying them for me dad.
I also couldn't have done it without my ipod and my workout playlist. Music really pumps you up. Thanks Dorothy!
I would also like to thank Stacie for the red running shirt I took from her dresser. It's so much better than cotton.
My major has helped me learn how important exercising is and how to do it correctly, thanks!
Of course I have to thank Chelsey, my workout buddy. She is the one I was thinking about while running. It took me a week to work up to 7 laps, and when she came running with me on Wednesday she ran 7 laps no problem without working out for 2 weeks! She was so strong, and made me want to try harder. Thanks Chelsey!
Lastly, I would like to thank the old ladies who are at the track walking every morning with me. If they can do it, I can do it!

Maybe this will be me one day!

Ha ha, yeah right.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's awesome, Laura! Good shoes are definitely Key in becoming a runner. Do you have a 24 hr. fitness membership or do you go to the BYU track? I could def.use a workout partner (AKA Personal trainer:) to push me along.

Jonathan and Laura said...

No I don't have a membership at 24, I just go to the old track in the Fieldhouse. I go in the morning after I take Ja to school. It's great because then I don't have to take time out of my day later to work out. I love working out in the morning, it's so much easier than at night.