Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm working again

After 4 1/2 months of unemployment I am finally working again. Kelly Services actually called me with work that I wouldn't mind doing. I'll be doing customer service for an online company called Costume Craze. They sell all sorts of costumes and, of course, Halloween is their busy time. So 4 of us were hired to help with all the calls that customer's have about shipping, sizing, etc. It's not that great of a job, but it's full-time and even if it's horrible at least it's only until Halloween. Today was my first day of training and listening to real calls. It's funny how costumes attract a certain personality type, a little weird type. You can just imagine who is really buying the sexy school girl outfits, and no it's not Britney Spears. I bet I'll have some good laughs with this job. They do have 1000's of costumes of all types so if you need any, you know who to call. They ship all over the world in case you need it. 

3 comments:

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

Oh man. Calls are terrible. But at least costumes are exciting... and I don't think they prompt people cussing you out and telling you that you've ruined their lives... you hope.

Durrant said...

Hey that is great you found a job! You can do anything short term! Congrats Ja on the new job! When does he start?

Chelsey said...

Laura, I like hearing your stories from work. I am excited that we both have the same last day of work. Let's plan a party...during the daytime when other people are working. That will feel so rewarding. It sounds like you'll be going to CA so we'll have to plan our party around that. Until then...get back to work!