Sunday, November 9, 2008

My 23rd Birthday

My birthday is usually around election day, and this year it happened to be on election day. Because of this we decided to have people come over and watch the election results on TV. Ja made up some brithday/political games for us to play. We had pin the tail on the donkey or elephant, guess who's going to be the next president, and guess if prop 8 will pass or not. I picked a name from the jar from the people who guessed Obama would win to win some cookies. Mike West was the winner, the only non-US citizen there. He felt bad for winning because he wrote his name 3 times, once for his wife, and another for his baby son. He let us keep the cookies to enjoy. 

My friend Becca made a wonderful lemon cinnamon cake for me. It was very delicious. And to top everything off, we continued the DeVore tradition of singing around the birthday person at the table. 
 

Ja surprised me when I came home from work with all the birthday decorations.

Of course I was bound to get at least one political birthday card. This was from Ja, I thought it was pretty funny.
Thanks for all of you who came! I had a great time and it's so nice knowing I have so many great friends.

5 comments:

Lauren Jayne said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you have a fun trip home too!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry we couldn't make it--we really wanted to! Have a good little vacation!

L said...

Happy Birthday Laura!!! It sounds like you had a really fun birthday!!!

Durrant said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Nicole said...

hopefully we'll get to see you for your birthday WHEN YOU"RE ON THE EAST COAST!!! can't wait!