Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our new friend Truman


My good friend Chelsey had her baby boy last week, so Ja and I went to visit them in the hospital. Truman was so adorable! I instantly fell in love with the little guy. I haven't seen a two day old baby in a long time so I've forgotten how small they are. He has a perfect face and lots of dark hair. So, interestingly enough, I had a dream last thursday night that Chelsey had her baby and that he had dark hair. I woke up and thought, "That's weird, neither Chelsey or Andrew have dark hair." Not only did she give birth Friday morning, but he had dark hair.

Chelsey had a pretty hard labor; there were two unexpected twists, but she survived and she's still happy. I'm pretty much terrified of giving birth (I haven't figured out if it's from the pain or being in a hospital), so if Chelsey can have such a rough time and make it through, I think I can. Thanks for the encouragement Chelsey!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Can you have a dream about my baby? I'm dying to know what she looks like. :) So cute-and what a great name.

Durrant said...

So fun that you guys got to see their baby! I have been stalking their blog to see pics! What a sweet baby!

Chelsey said...

Laura, I'm sorry to scare you about delivery. Just know that right after you have a baby you are REALLY emotional for awhile. (People told me that and I did not understand how EXTREMELY emotional I would be). So let me make a disclaimer that it wasn't Chelsey you were talking to at the hospital...it was crazy emotional Chelsey. Even though I told Andrew we aren't having any more kids (haha I told him that before the interesting hospital experience even started) I would do it all over again for Truman. There is nothing I wouldn't do to have this perfect little angel in our home. You will be a great mother someday Laura and I'm sure you will weather delivery with ease. (Thanks for the flowers and banana bread. I really appreciated them both)! Love you!