Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mistaken Identity

I just finished reading a book titled "Mistaken Identity." It's the true story of a tragic accident involving a college van carrying students and employees back to school. There was only one survivor, but she was misidentified. A family thought it was their daughter and cared for her in the hospital for 5 weeks. The "real" family thought their daughter died and held a funeral for her and buried her. 

You would think this book would be about the families being upset at the EMT who misidentified the girls, and at the hospital for not making sure who was who. It's quite the opposite. Both families are very religious and the majority of the book is their prayers and faith promoting stories about their daughter recovering. It was a great read, and a quick one too. I finished it in only 2 days. I would recommend this book to anyone. 

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

I think I may have heard of this before, but I didn't know there was a book about it. I was looking for a good read. Thanks for the tip. Maybe a good Lake Powell read.

Unknown said...

Sounds good. I'll have to read it. By the way, we're in town...!

Rosie said...

That is a good book! Hard to think about what if that was your family but really good! I am glad that you guys are doing well!