1. Our ward had Enrichment this Wednesday which was about love and chocolate. There was a panel of women in all stages of marriage and they talked about tips and what they've found to make their marriage work. One sister gave a tip of finding out what your husband's priority's are and then helping his achieve those. For example, one of her husband's priority's is to go to bed early so she helps him achieve that in any way she can. I thought this was good advice so I'm passing it along to you. If you know each other's priorities then you won't be fighting with each other to get things done because you know what is important to him, and he knows what
is important to you.
2. Cooking is fun again! My sister-in-law let me borrow a cookbook titled, "The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner." The author, Liz Edmunds, is LDS and knows the importance of having family dinner so she developed great easy recipes and an easy way to plan dinner. She gave each day of the week a theme. I had heard of this before but know that I've tried it (granted it's only been a week, but I'm excited to cook again) I think I'll stick to it. Here is her schedule:
Sunday- Family Traditions
Monday- Comfort Food
Wednesday- Fish and Meatless
We don't have a grill so I may have to change Saturday's for now. I feel that if I know what kind of food to cook on a certain day the whole meal planning thing will be less painful. She also has great side dish, salad, bread, and dessert recipes in this book. Everything I've made from her has been so delicious! She is a keeper! I found on accident that she also has a show on BYU TV (Thursdays at 8:00 p.m., repeats Saturday at 11:00 a.m. and the following Thursday at noon and 6 p.m.). You should try her out, get the book! I've posted a few of her recipes here.
3. We are trying to get Macy to sleep in the crib instead of her swing. She's growing and sleeping in the swing doesn't look as comfortable. She cries for about 40 minutes before finally falling asleep. I'm hoping our downstairs neighbors are deaf.
4. Jonathan is starting to enjoy work. He's always liked his coworkers, he thinks they are a fun group, but hasn't liked the actual work. Yesterday he told me he actually likes it now.
5. We still have tons of snow, huge snow banks, and broken tree limbs all over our complex. Hopefully these warmer temperatures will melt the snow away soon. And I would like to go outside sometime in the near future!