Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our Sweet Teeth

I have had a real sweet tooth lately. After every meal I eat I want something sweet. Luckily chewing gum sort of fills my craving. I was very excited tonight when Jonathan said, "I've had a sweet tooth lately. I want something sweet." I knew just the thing to make that always satisfies my sweet tooth. Or satisfies anything really. If you make these you should eat some of the dough. I won't be surprised if it never turns into cookies. The only bad thing about these cookies is they never last long enough.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (from the Food Nanny)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat until light and fluffy:
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Add and beat for about 1 minute:
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

Slowly add to the butter mixture:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Stir in:
1 cup chocolate chips

Drop tablespoons of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack. Makes 5 dozen.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

We recently went over eating disorders and I learned that it is actually helpful for you body to have a treat after lunch and dinner because the sugar stimulates hormone release that helps to digest protein. So maybe that will help you not feel bad about having a sweet tooth :)
-Josh

Chelsey said...

oh the memories of your cookies. I remember hanging playing games at your place in College Park and each of us had a tall glass of milk and some of your delicious cookies. I can almost taste them!