Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our Little Heavyweight


If you have ever seen Macy, seen a picture of Macy, or even heard of Macy you'll know she is not a heavyweight. Our trip to the doctor on Friday confirmed this for us. Here are Macy's 18 month stats:

Weighs 20 lbs 10 ounces
31 3/4 inches long
18 inch head circumference

Your 8 month old baby probably weighs more than her. I couldn't believe how light she was. I thought the scale was broken. I was expecting at least 23 pounds. Heavyweight or not, she is still the cutest and sweetest little girl. She is so playful now and loves to be chased and to chase others. She also plays her own version of tag. Her friend Grant was over on Wednesday and she grabbed him around the waist, said something in Toddler-ese and ran away. He must have understood her because he ran after her. They had a great time taking turns being "it." Macy is so grown up now she is ready for work! She wanted to be hands-free so she can drive while working.

In other big news, today was Macy's first day of nursery all by herself! She didn't cry. We got a report from a girl in our class who helps in the nursery who said Macy wouldn't sit down when she was supposed to (never does) and tried to take other kids floor mats and put them away (she's always so tidy, not). I can't believe my baby is already 18 months old. Is it sad to say I didn't miss her while sitting quietly still in Relief Society? I did miss her, but I also enjoyed sitting by myself not worrying about a little wiggly girl on my lap. Church is a whole new experience now! When I went to pick her up she was walking around the nursery room with her hands clasped behind her back watching the other kids play and get picked up. She also did not cry when she saw me. Knock on wood, but I think this nursery thing is going to work out!

No comments: