Friday, June 15, 2012

Two Year Olds Cannot Be Trusted

Want to know what a 2 1/2 year old will do if given an hour of alone time? 

It looks like she made a smiley face on the box lid.



Mickey is very well lotioned up now. As is our couch, carpet, cups, water bottle, and side table. Macy emptied a bottle of lotion all over the place. But I wasn't mad at her because it's partly my fault.

I didn't sleep well the night before and I really wanted to take a nap the next day while Macy slept. She had other plans and didn't want to sleep at all (Why does that always happen?!). However, she let me lie in bed for an hour while she played. She was quiet so I thought she found the iPad and was watching videos. (She can work that thing all by herself now.) I thought to myself, "There's nothing out there that she can get hurt with so I'll just stay in bed." I didn't realize that the lotion got left out. I could smell the lotion from my room but I was so tired I wanted to keep my eyes closed for as long as possible.

After an hour was up Macy came into my room to see if I was awake. I asked her what she was doing out there. She said, "Macy lotion ribbit. Macy read ribbit book. Macy ribbit night-night." I thought that was very sweet so I walked into her room to find the frog. Luckily it only had a little bit of lotion on it since it was in her crib. Then as I walked further down the hallway I see the lotion in piles on the floor, then the couch, and Mickey. She had also poured some into sippy cups.

I was able to scoop most of it back into the bottle. I am glad that it was just lotion and a good baby smelling lotion at that. It could have been nail polish like a friend's son spilled all over their carpet. That didn't smell as nice.

Like I said, I wasn't mad at her for getting lotion all over. But now I know she can't be trusted.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Wow, Macy you know how to make the most of an hour! It sounds like she was so proud of her hard work. At least you'll never wonder about her creativity. Doesn't look like a fun cleanup though... I hope you get a nap tomorrow!