Sunday, June 24, 2012

I've been waiting for this day...

Macy let me paint her nails!



I've asked her many times if I could paint her nails and she's never been willing. Sometimes she'll say yes but when it comes time for the brush to touch her nails she would get scared and not want it anymore. 

Why the change of heart? She saw Lily had her fingernails painted. We were swimming and Lily came with her painted nails and Macy wanted it done RIGHT then. She kept saying "Macy paint nails." I was able to talk her out of it since I obviously didn't have any nail polish at the pool.

She forgot about it for a few days but was reminded about it today. I made a side comment about the need to cut her very long nails. Since she is absolutely terrified of getting her nails cut Ja was able to get her to settle down by reminding her about painting her nails. 

We painted right after church. Macy picked out the color and sat very still the whole time. Her nails are small so it didn't take very long. She is very proud of her nails and all throughout the day would hold her hands up and say,"Macy pretty nails! Pretty nails!" It's so cute how she loves them and I love seeing her tiny hands have pink nails!

I tried painting her toe nails too while she was exciting about painting them. I did one toe before she realized that it wasn't for her. I really wish she would let me paint her toes because that one painted toe looks so cute!

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Oh how cute! That is such a great mommy/daughter bonding moment. Looks like you did great for how small her nails are, that takes some real skill!