Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My Birthday

Since my birthday was on a Sunday this year, Ja and I went to dinner on Saturday night. We went to a sushi place called Happy Sumo. I played it safe and stuck to the California rolls and cucumber rolls, but the third roll was tuna. I actually liked the raw tuna rolls. I was happy with my choice. Ja decided to get the chef's choice dinner. I thought it was going to be seaweed rolls, but it turned out to be all raw fish. It looked nice on the plate, but would it be nice in the mouth? Surprisingly enough, it wasn't bad. I didn't mind the fishy taste, it just felt like I was eating something that tasted like the ocean. Ja was a trooper and ate the whole plate. There was tuna, salmon, yellow-tail, and tilapia. He said he probably won't eat that again but he was glad he tried it.
On Sunday night we had friends over to eat the pumpkin cheesecake I made. Ja thought we had candles, and I did too, but it turns out we were wrong. Luckily, Ja remembered we had huge matches so he stuck two of those in the cake. It was fun to have something to blow out. We had a fun time talking with friends. It's nice to know people like you enough to come and celebrate you on your birthday. Here is a picture of the cheesecake.

No comments: