Sunday, March 30, 2008

I jinxed it

Just so all you people out there who are enjoying spring can know, it snowed here last night and it's still snowing! On March 30th! Luckily the snow this morning is pretty wet so it has melted most of the snow from last night, but still, it's snowing! I thought I was home free for a while. I guess I jinxed the weather when I wrote a post about the great spring weather. One funny thing that came of this, was this couple opened their door this morning to go to church and I heard him say, "What in the world?!" Apparently they hadn't look out their window yet.

I am very jealous of those who live in warmer climates. My sister Jill went to the beach this weekend and had a bonfire at night and Ja's brother Greg sent us a picture of the cherry blossom's in D.C. This gives me hope of living in a warmer place one day.

Now I'll stop complaining and tell you our events of the weekend. Ja went to Denver for a Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) conference. BAP is a fraternity that the accounting students are in here at B.Y.U. He went on an all expense paid trip to Denver. He had a lot of fun with his friends. They gave a presentation while they were there and Ja said it went well. They talked about the future of BAP and what needs to be done to make sure the fraternity is still successful. They got to explore down town Denver a little bit and Ja said it was a very cool city. He even brought be back a postcard.

Fortunately/Unfortunately, my parents were up in Deer Valley this weekend so I could go up there while Ja was gone. It was unfortunate that Ja couldn't be there, but I was glad I didn't have to stay home alone. I went up friday night and had dinner at our friend's house. Every year a group of people from my home ward comes up and goes skiing in Deer Valley. Friday is when the kids from Provo come up to visit their parents. It was really fun to be with everyone. Everyone there was either a leader of mine, or my friends parents so I know everyone pretty well. It's so fun because they have all known each other for so long so there are so many jokes and stories shared. The experience made me want to settle down somewhere and stay there for awhile so we can have great friends and take trips together. Then it also made me sad because we have friends like that right now but we are all going our separate ways soon. But, if there is one thing I've learned from Dorothy, it's that we don't have to lose contact with old friends. She has friends all over the place! So whether or not you like it friends, you'll be getting our Christmas cards for years to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.