Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tidbits of Life

For Valentine's Day I bought Ja tickets to see the Harlem Globe Trotters. It was a pretty cheesy show but we had a fun time. 

Last Wednesday we went to Disneyland for the day. We went with the girls from Dr. DeVore's staff, but we split up once in the park. There wasn't very many people there and the longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes for the Nemo ride. We were able to take things slow and have fun. These are the only pictures we took on the Pirates Island.
 

The other day I went with Dale (who is the 70 year old man I work for) to visit his mom . Yes his mom is still alive, and a very alive 100 year old woman. She walks without a walker or cane and she still drives. We went around lunch time and as soon as we walked in she asked if Dale wanted a sandwich. She asked if he wanted the bread toasted, what he wanted to drink, if he wanted zucchini bread, and if he had enough food. I guess no matter how old you are or how old your mom is, moms will always be moms. (I brought my own sandwich otherwise she would've made one for me too.)

Ja gave me a gift certificate to a Spa for Valentine's Day. I used it on Friday for a facial. I had already experienced a massage so I wanted to try something different. A facial is not as relaxing as a massage. She put different kinds of creams/gels/moisturizers on my face, some of which tingled and burned. She said it was removing the dead skin from my face. Although it was a fun experience to try once, I think I'll stay with the body massages. 

After my facial I started to feel sick. Luckily I took some medicine and went to bed at 9 p.m. feeling all right. But Saturday morning came and I was burning up but cold at the same time. I tried to take some medicine but nothing was helping. I took a bath and felt a little bit better, but not fully better. I didn't sleep well last night because I woke up every couple of hours due to extreme heat. My cute husband has been taking great care of me. He gets me cold wash cloths, smoothies, water, medicine, and anything else I need. He didn't even complain about me waking him up a lot last night. I hope I can start feeling better soon. 

Sometimes I think to myself, I wish I could be sick so I can stay home and sleep all day. Then I do get sick and I'm so mad at myself for even thinking of such a thing. Thank goodness for husbands and people around us to take care of us. 

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

I'm sorry you were sick, Laura! I know what you mean about the facial. However, I think when I got one, they still massaged my arms, hands, shoulders, feet, and legs. I remember thinking while she was putting all that stuff on my face, that I was going to leave with a raw red face. It's supposed to be really good for your skin, though. What a nice gift from Ja.