Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Missing Piece

As I was pondering life, I realized that something is missing. I thought it was the lack of something to look forward to, like anticipating Christmas. But I realized I have plenty of trips and vacations this summer, so that's not the missing piece. Then as I was varnishing a table at work I realized the missing piece is a project. I need something to look forward to when I come home from work or when Ja is gone. I've done things like sew quilts, scrapbook, and, well I guess that's it. 
Now I am trying to figure out what my new project should be. Here are a few of my ideas:

1. scrapbook more recent pictures
2. make cards for some occasion
3. refurbish a piece of furniture

What are some other good project ideas? None of these totally excite me yet. What have you done before that you really liked?

2 comments:

Frances said...

Oh.... I love a good project too! Kyle and I have tackled many projects. The yard was a big one, building and staining furniture is always a challenge, painting, refurbishing old consignment items like lamps, mirrors, chairs, etc... I love to scrapbook but there is something great about building something that you see all the time! If you think of any fun things be sure to let me know!

Durrant said...

You are so ambitious- I love it! Homemade by Jill is a great site with tons of fun ideas. I have been stalking her blog lately:) Her blog is on mine under my favorite sites! Also the Martha Stewart website has some pretty great ones too! Enjoy