Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Gift from Grandpa


My Grandpa Seymour is a master carpenter. He has built so many bookshelves, desks, entertainment centers, etc for our family. Everything is expertly done and would cost a fortune if it was sold in a store. I grew up with a bookshelf and 2 different beautiful desks in my room. When I moved into my own room we asked grandpa to build me a desk so I could do my homework. When he came to deliver it, it was a huge wall unit with selves, a pull down desk, and drawers. It was much more than we expected or asked for. Whenever building something for us he always went beyond our expectations.

One special thing he built was a bassinet for his grandkids to use when they were babies. Now that the grandkids are grown up no one is using it. I'm really sad that grandpa's great granddaughter wouldn't be able to use it because we moved so far away. I thought it would be special to have something made my grandpa since I always did growing up.

To my surprise grandpa did make me something special to take with me. He's made every woman who has kids in the family a wooden statue that he designed and cut out. It's a woman holding up her little baby. He even added a pink ribbon since it's a girl. It means a lot to me that my grandpa would make something for me a my little girl.
Now that I'm writing this, I've realized grandpa has made me something else for me. He made a wooden mirror for all the women in the family that has our initial carved in the back. It's so well made I don't think it will ever break so I can always have it with me. Thank you Grandpa!

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

That is so precious. What a sweet grandfather who really loves you!