Thursday, September 10, 2009

8 Weeks Alone

Ja will be traveling for 8 straight weeks. Luckily he gets to come home on weekends, but I'll be Ja-less during the week. I won't be really alone because there are 5 other people living in the house with me.

However, to help me get over Ja being gone I decided to make a quilt for our little baby. Here is the pattern I found online and it looks fairly simple. I went to JoAnn's on Labor Day and got a great deal on fabric so I'm hoping this won't be an expensive project.
I found the pattern on the Taffy Talk Blog and it's titled Speedy Baby 2 so I'm hoping it is easy. I may take a week to make so I may be making many quilts :)

One question: Should I wash the fabric first since it's for a baby quilt?

Wish me luck! I'll post the final project when it's finished.

4 comments:

Colby said...

I recommend washing the fabric first. And do that with clothes, too because they are a whole different size after the first wash! Cute quilt. Are you going to use the same color scheme? -Becca

Nicole said...

way to go! i love the quilt pattern. i can't wait to see the final product.

Chelsey said...

That looks so cute. I can't wait to see the finished product. That will definitely keep you busy!

Kiersten DeVore said...

So cute Laura, will you use the same color scheme? The colors are great.
You're ambitious... good thing you are now, you won't be in six months.
Definitely wash the fabric first.