Monday, September 28, 2009

Apple Picking at Homestead Farm

*Beware this post may contain a large amount of pictures*
"Apple of Our Eye"
We went apple picking on Saturday at a farm in Maryland. It was nice cool fall weather, perfect for picking produce.

First of all, on the drive up to the farm, there are some gigantic houses. My favorite was a Spanish style house that was called "Casa de Amor." My other favorites were the houses (I should say estates) that resembled Pemberley.

I love the way the red colors of the apples, the green colors of the leaves, and the kids red hair stand out in the pictures. I took our nice camera figuring we could get some great pictures and I felt we did.

This was my very favorite picture. It was Ja's idea to put Caleb in the empty row so he picked Caleb up and put him down then ran into the next row. It only took a second for Caleb to figure out he could run after Ja. I was glad I was able to get one good shot! The colors are great, I didn't do anything to this picture.
We first found the animals. Brigham was actually trying to help Caleb!














Caleb wanted to hold the apple bucket, until he noticed the big open fields and wanted to run. The bucket was abandoned very quickly.
Cute Holly.
Kids enjoying the apples. Notice Caleb has two apples, one in each hand. He ate both, core and
all.

Ja took this picture of two shiny round things.
Greg and Brigham. I love how they both have their head tilted in the same direction and their faces have the same expression. Ja pushing Jacob around.
















Ja juggling his apples.
Caleb and I pretending to make apple juice.
We had a great time and I can't wait to go pumpkin picking!

2 comments:

natalie said...

I wanted to congratulate you on being out of the triple digits. your ticker said 99 days! That's a milestone!

Chelsey said...

What a cute post. I love your hair!