Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I had some extra pumpkin leftover from Thanksgiving so I decided to make these cookies with it. They are so delicious. I've eaten almost half of them myself. They are a moist, cake-like cookie.

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk
1 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil (can substitute 1/4 cup with applesauce for less fat)
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Dissolve baking soda in milk; set aside. In a large bowl, add pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg; stir. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda mixture. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Spoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet. (They don't spread out, they keep the shape you put them into.) Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until done.

2 comments:

Lissa Nelson said...

I make similar cookies but with butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips--if you're into that kind of thing, you should try it. It's a great combo!

Gina said...

There they are! You know me, I saw 'book' and didn't get any farther along. btw I LOVE the curtains - you did a great job.

24 days? But the blanket isn't finished yet!