Sunday, May 8, 2011

Chapped Lips Are Not Good

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I was without chap stick on my flight to Utah. Apparently my lips got really chapped because that night they were bright red like they had be sun burned. I was applying chap stick non-stop. Well, Saturday night a gigantic cold sore grew onto my top lip. I've had plenty of cold sores in my life but I don't think I've ever had one this big. My whole top lip was majorly swollen and covered in blisters. Of course I had to take pictures to document the nastiness.

Day One: There is puss oozing out of the blister. The day I had to meet a bunch of new people at church.


Day 2: We bought Abreva so I was hoping I'd wake up and it would be better but it was worse. I had to fly home this day. I sat in the last row of the plane and I was the last person on so I had to walk past everyone. Embarrassing. 


 This picture shoes how swollen it was.

Day 3: This was the day after taking the prescription my sister-in-law Heather was nice enough to write for me. A little less swollen. 


Day 5: No more swelling, now just a scab.



Day 7: This is today. The scab is almost gone and I can almost smile. I'm starting to feel like I'll never have a normal lip again.


All I can say is I'm never going without chap stick again!


2 comments:

Amy said...

oh i'm so sorry!! I always get cold sores when i'm super stressed or in the sun way too much. I usually plan on a week of healing, but my dr. recently gave me this cream that works wonders! When I feel one coming, I smear some on and it's gone.
Even with a cold sore you're beautiful! Happy mother's day! Your Macy is just so adorable! And...so jealous of the convention you got to go to. Sounds incredible!

Chelsey said...

Oh no, Laura! That looks so painful. I can't believe how painful that must have been. You're going to have to get one of those key chain things that holds chapstick from now on.