Sunday, July 29, 2012

Quilt's for Kids

While researching what pattern I should use for Baby Girl's quilt I came across a Non-profit organization that mails out quilt packets for people to make. The finished quilts are given to children that are in hospitals for long-term care. Quilt for Kids says that a lot of kids don't get to take their own blankets to the hospital so they started to help the kids have something special while they are sick.

They mailed me a packet of precut fabric, detailed directions, and a tag to sign my name. I only had to supply the thread. I enjoyed making this quilt and felt good because some little child would be wrapped up by my creation. I felt good because I was doing my part of community service. Once I was finished I packaged it up and mailed to back to them. If you quilt you should check them out and make a quilt for a sick child. It was very rewarding.

No comments: