Friday, January 31, 2014

California Trip- Part 4

Jan 16- Macy and I took Dorothy's car into the Lexus dealer to get the oil changed since we would be driving it up to Fresno for Kenny's wedding. It ended up taking 3 hours because other work got done too. Ja could tell I was tired of children so he and my dad took them to Chuck e Cheese's again after dinner. Later that night I picked up Stacie, Randy, and Volcom from the airport.

Jan 17- We drove up to Visalia for Kenny's wedding! *Reason #76 for not moving back to CA: Expensive Parking tickets! Ja got pulled over in Bakersfield and the ticket is for $353! Agh!

Elle's mom had a groom's dinner for Kenny which was fun. We ate good food then played bingo. Surprisingly, neither of our girls slept on the 3 1/2 hour drive that day so they were pooped. We left the party early and went to bed at the hotel. I stayed up talking with Kenny, Stacie, mom, dad, Elle, and kenny's friend Jeremy. We gave Kenny wedding advice and told stories. I eventually went to bed at 11 p.m.- only to be woken up by Anna at 1 a.m.! She was wide awake and not interested in sleeping! I drove her in the car for 1 hour, stopped at Denny's, and let her walk around the room but she still cried when her finally put her back in bed at 4 a.m.! I was exhausted and so grateful Macy slept through it all. The girls slept in until 8 which was so nice.

Volcom and I at the Groom's dinner. He is such a cutie and always smiles.

This is Anna and I at Denny's at 3 a.m. There was a surprising number of people there.


Jan 18- Kenny and Elle got married! Anna was a wreck since she went to bed late and was awake for three hours in the night. The babysitter said she cried most of the time we were in the temple. Shock of the year was that Macy didn't cry at all! And she didn't know the babysitters! It was a beautiful sealing in the Fresno temple. From our side of the family there was: Grandparents- Francis and Seymour, Aunt Linda, Mike and Gina, Martha and Brian, Us, Stacie, and Randy.

I had not met Elle before this weekend. We had only talked on Skype before so I was very glad we could be at the wedding. She's a great girl and they are perfect for each other! I can't believe my wittle brudder Kenny is married!

 Volcom is a little outnumbered here. Someone needs to have another boy!

I thought it would be fun to get a nieces and nephew shot but Macy wouldn't let me put her down and Anna was still a wreck. 


Anna zonked out immediately after we left the temple. 

Macy too. They slept for 1 1/2 hours like this.

The reception was very small and intimate in Elle's living room. We had dinner together before the reception. Elle's dad said some words and shared stories. He asked for wedding advice for Kenny and Elle from the people in attendance. I loved how low-key everything was. I felt like everything was more about Kenny and Elle rather than about a big show. Macy played a lot with Elle's niece in the playroom which was amazing and made the night doable.

Elle's mom made the wedding cake and it was the most delicious wedding cake I've ever had! It was actually good! Homemade wedding cakes are the way to go!

This is a much better attempt at the nieces and nephew picture. Macy is actually smiling. Unfortunately Volcom pooped through his wedding outfit but he's still cute.

Macy loved Volcom and holding him. He's not too sure about things though.

He probably sensed cousin Anna coming to attack his feet. 

It was a beautiful wedding day full of joy and happiness. I'm glad we were all able to be there together. It felt a little odd with Jill missing but we knew that's how it needed to be. I love weddings- especially this one! I really am happy for Kenny and Elle and all their new adventures together!

Jan 19- We drove home to La Canada and ate dinner with Nathan, Kiersten, Henry, and Charlie. Again it was wonderful having playmates for Macy. Dorothy insisted on watching the girls for me so I could get a break so I left for YL after they went to bed.

Ja had the kids going on a treasure hunt as pirates.

Jan 20-  I got to sleep in without any kids waking me up! My dad, Stacie, Volcom and I went on a walk to buy things to send Jill in a package. I watched two Downton Abbey episodes. That afternoon my dad, Stacie and I saw Saratov Approach. It's a movie about two missionaries who got kidnapped in Russia in 1998. It was an incredible movie and a wonderful story of faith. That night I talked everyone into going out to eat at Cheesecake Factory because I didn't have any kids I had to deal with :) It was a great relaxing meal.

I got to hang out with this smiley guy all day
When Dorothy sent me this picture I knew the girls were doing just fine!
Dorothy and Ja took the girls out to dinner too. Here is Anna checking her email.

No comments: