Thursday, February 20, 2014

Our little Olympian

The McLean Munchkin preschool Macy is  in has an Olympic day each year. This year it happened to be the same month as the Winter Olympics, February 20th.

The parents attend and cheer on their team. Macy was team yellow along with Sean, James, and Savannah. The four teams walked around the gym holding their flags in the Opening Cermony style. It was so cute to see the little kids wearing the big shirts. 

Then they switched off performing the four different events. Macy was very obedient and very skilled. She told me about some of the scooters and toys they play with during normal gym time so I was glad I could see them in person.

Logrolling 

Bean bag toss

Macy and Savannah

Ready, set...

Go!

Balance Beam

There was a fire drill at the high school right as Macy finished her final event. Everyone, parents included, had to walk to the football field.

We then went inside for closing ceremonies. Each Olympian held their torch high!

 Getting her trophy, certificate

And gold medal

Macy with her best friend Claire

It was such a fun day! I'm so glad I could go watch my cute little Olympian!







No comments: