Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

We had a fun thanksgiving this year. Devin, Deanna, and Oliver came to visit us! It's only a 4 hour drive from Knoxville to huntersville. It was fun to have guests and Macy and Anna loved having Oliver around. They played with him, got him toys, and made sure he was happy. 

Deanna was so helpful with making my thanksgiving dishes. I was exhausted the night before and it was hard for me to stand for long periods of time because my feet were so swollen. I "helped" her make the stuffing, sweet potato casserole, and apple pie. She did most of the work which I was so grateful for.

On thanksgiving day we were invited to the Campbell's house for dinner. They had a group of friends over and were kind enough to include Devin and Dee. The food was delicious, the girls played and were happy, and the company was nice. I just wish I could've eaten more! My stomach was being squashed by a certain baby so I didn't have much room.

Then Friday we went to our neighbors house, Keith and Karen, for thanksgiving lunch. They made a bunch of food for just the two of them so they were kind enough to invite us all over. I had two thanksgiving dinners this year just like I did growing up. 

Ja doing horsey horsey. 

And airplane. Oliver preferred Ja doing airplane rather than his own dad. 

As you can see from Anna's face she loves it. 

Deanna read books to the kids each night. Macy isn't in these pictures because she was a little sick and went to bed early. 

Saturday ended up having nice weather so we played outside in the backyard. Oliver liked romping through all the leaves Ja had raked into the middle of the yard. 

Anna grew to like Deanna and wanted Dee to push her in the swing. I was not good enough at it. 

Oliver hopped on the swing with Macy. 
Devin and Dee left Saturday afternoon. It was so fun to have them here. I hope they can visit again soon!

Macy brought this paper home from preschool. I thought it was so cute! All you need is salt, pepper, and 6 minutes to cook a turkey. :)

No comments: