Friday, April 4, 2008

Pandora

No, I'm not talking about the curious Greek Goddess who opened the box from Epimetheus that contained all the evils that would trouble humanity. I'm talking about Pandora Radio. It's an online radio that I have recently discovered and I am very happy I did. You type in your favorite artist or song and Pandora will set up a playlist full of music that is similar. It's great for me to listen to at work. I started listening to live stream from radio stations but I grew tired very quickly of all the commercials. Luckily, Pandora doesn't have any commercials. You can rate a song, such as "I really like this song-play more like it" or "I don't like this song-this station shouldn't play songs like this" and "I'm tired of this song- don't play it for a month." Now I have four different playlists modeled after my favorite artists: Michael Jackson, U2, Jack Johnson, and Sarah MacLachlan. I can easily change between the four if my mood changes. And best of all, it's all free. It's what a radio station should be. It plays the music I actually like and it's commercial free. I really enjoy listening to it so I thought I would share it with you. The website is pandora.com

No comments: