Monday, July 7, 2008

Caleb's Bedroom

Caleb, who is a boy, was living in a bright pink bedroom. Ja and I knew our nephew couldn't be living in a pink world anymore so we decided we would paint it while Greg & Holly were on vacation for a week. While Ja was at work I got to work. It took me three days to finish the project. Holly talked about painting the room a light green so I had that for direction. There is a band of cork board on one wall so I decided to incorporate that by painting it blue and having a blue band all around the room. Here is a picture of the pink.

Now it's primered.


Here's the blue band. I should have painted everything green and then painted the blue on top. Now I know for next time. 


Finished product. 













Holly was really surprised to see the room. Over her vacation she had a dream we painted her house. I thought that was a little scary. I was worried she wouldn't like the outcome, but she did. Caleb crawled up the stairs to his room so I take that as him liking it too. I was really glad I could do this for them.  

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am so impressed!! That looks amazing. I bet they were so happy to see it. I know I would be. It looks like you guys had fun on the 4th! Too bad it kept raining. :( You guys seriously are not going to want to come back here--D.C. is just too fun.

Chelsey said...

Laura, can I hire you whenever I have a place to paint? That looks like a pretty professional job. You are so nice to help out like that.

Unknown said...

I have a story that's too long to tell in a comment! I'll try calling ya this week!

Kiersten DeVore said...

That looks great! I'm sure Holly just loves it. You're very thoughtful.