Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Randy's & Stacie's Wedding

On July 19, 2008 my sister was married to Randy. They got married in the Newport Beach temple on a beautiful day. Ja was able to make it to California for the wedding, which I was very happy to have him back with me. Jill, Danielle, and I were the bridesmaids and we got to wear pretty pink dresses. After looking at the pictures I realized that we all did look nice in that color pink. Here is the only picture we have on our camera worth sharing of the temple, so it's a good think I really like the picture. 

The luncheon was at Island's in Newport. We had a good lunch visiting with people. 










The reception was at Randy's house and it was a really fun party.
 It's stressful planning a party and setting up for it, but everything looked great. The food was good and the cake was awesome. It was a "Stacie cake." It was an "Ace of Cakes" style wedding cake- if you've ever seen that show. It had pink and orange fondant on it
 and the cake layers were leaning in different directions. We all had a great time visiting with old friends and family. Here is Randy checking out the music before the Reception.

Ja and I had the pleasure of taking the newly weds to the airport so they could leave for their honeymoon. (No, it wasn't awkward at all.) Stacie didn't know where she was going on the honeymoon, and neither did any of us. I found out that they are now in Mexico enjoying the sunny beaches. Ja and I left the next morning for Virginia with our nephew Luc. It was a good flight on Jetblue. I was exhausted from all the festivities and slept in until 10:30 the next day. 

I had a lot of fun spending all that time with my family. We miss them all and look forward to seeing them again. I'm really looking forward to being in Provo with Stacie and Randy in the fall! I finally get to live by some of my family!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love the bright pink dresses! I've never had a professional massage, but getting a pedicure is my selfish indulgence...I LoVe them! I love spending time with family too, but man oh man it's always good to get back to James. :) So glad you had such a fun trip!

Unknown said...

Yeah, pink is a good color on you! Sounds like so much fun and the weather looks great. By the way, Colby's trying to convince me that San Diego is the way to go. If you guys settle there we should trade services-he'll fix your kids teeth if Ja does the finances! Now we just need to find a chiropractor and an optometrist and we'd be set for life!

Chelsey said...

I really like your outfit! You look really cute. I wish we had a picture of your sister in her wedding dress. I love seeing the different styles.