Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My trip home to California

Since my sister was getting married I decided to go home a week before the wedding and help with wedding plans. I was really glad I was able to go home because I had a really fun time. I was able to spend a lot of time with the whole family, and even Randy's family too. While most of my time was spent doing wedding things I was able to get a few fun things in too. 

Stacie went through the temple for the first time on Friday so a lot of our family was able to be there with her. A lot of Randy's family was there too. It was really nice to be there with everyone. I had a lot of family support when I went through for the first time, but I was so overwhelmed that I didn't appreciate it, but now I am glad to have family that love and support me. Stacie, Randy, my mom, and I went to the temple again on Saturday so Stacie could feel more comfortable going on her own.

On Monday Stacie and I were treated to our first ever professional massages. It was fun to walk around a day spa in a robe. We put our feet in the hot tub, felt like we were suffocating in the steam room and enjoyed a 50 minute body massage. I definitely recommend it!

Then on Wednesday Stacie and Randy went to San Diego for the day so Kenny, Jill and I decided to have some fun of our own. We went down to trusted Newport Beach. We brought crab catching things so Kenny could catch crabs on the rocks. He's really good at catching the little things and was a favorite among the little kids.

 So many kids came over to our hole in the sand admiring the crabs. After Kenny took the crabs back to their home, he decided he wanted the little kids to bury him in the hole. That was a funny sight to see as well. Some of the kids were betting on how long it would take Kenny to get out of the hole.











While we were on the rocks someone put a starfish in our bucket. We didn't want to pry the starfish off the rocks because it's mean, but since someone did it already we had to take a picture with the little guy. There were quite a few starfish that day and sea urchins. 



On Thursday Stacie, Jill, Mom, and I all went to get pedicures and manicures for the wedding. That was fun to be with them all. We all looked very fancy afterwards, Stacie being the fanciest of all. After that we went to the park with the Olsons, Williams, and G&G Seymour for pie. We were celebrating Grandpa's birthday the next day. 
Friday was spent trying to get last minute things done for the wedding. There was a little problem with the centerpiece flowers but a good friend came over to save the day. All was well with the centerpieces and they turned out beautifully. 

No comments: