Monday, May 3, 2010

BYU Graduation

My brothers-in-law, Darin & Devin, and sister-in-law Deanna graduated BYU this April so Macy and I flew in to celebrate with them. Macy was a trooper again on the flight and for the time change. I'm so glad she doesn't realize her mom has been trekking her all around the country. Or maybe she does notice, and likes to travel.

We flew in on Wednesday and my friend Chelsey and her son Truman picked us up from the airport and we were able to spend a little time with them.

We were pretty sure that Truman liked Macy as this picture shows...

but when we asked him to kiss her he wouldn't do it. He would kiss me on the cheek, but not Macy. We thought he was going to do it this time...

but he got embarrassed and put his head on the couch. He did this every time we asked him to kiss Macy.

There was a surprise visit with my brother Kenny Wednesday night. I thought he was going to be in California already so I called him to make sure. I was glad I called! Macy and I watched as he made an apple pie and cookies for some friends.

Later that night we meet up with the other people in Provo for dinner at Carrabba's.

Thursday was the University commencement so we all went to that and took pictures outside in the beautiful spring weather. It was fun for me to be back at BYU and remember all the good memories that were made there.

A cousin got married that day so the DeVore clan went up to Draper so say hello to the family members there. Here is Kiersten, Macy and I.

Then there was a surprise visit with my dad. He came to pick Kenny up with all of his stuff to go home for his mission. He held Macy the whole time we were there.

Bright and early Friday morning was the convocation. Thankfully all three of the graduates decided to go to Deanna's convocation because it's the smallest college. We were all so glad not to sit through another 3 hour convocation (Ja's was that long). Unfortunately the weather of the day before was gone and it was now raining so we didn't take too many pictures and they were all inside with bad lighting. Here is one with the kids wearing the graduation caps. Macy is thrilled as you can tell by her face.

We then went to lunch at Tucano's. Macy had a great time. This was her the entire time we were there.

My nephew Brigham also had a great time at Tucano's. He is a self-proclaimed carnivore so he was in heaven. Every time he saw a server with meat he raised his hand and yelled, "Ooo, me! I want some of that!"

We had a third surprise visit by my cousin Danielle. We visited and went to her place while she watched Macy so I could take a nap. What a nice cousin!

There was more visiting with relatives and each other. It was a very fun trip and I was very grateful Macy and I could go.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

It's fun to see the pictures of your trip. We LOVED having you stay with us...and already missed you when we drove home from the airport. Thanks so much for taking such cute pictures of Truman.