Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Crisis Averted!


Macy did not take a nap Monday or Tuesday this week. On Monday she at least was quietly playing in her crib for an hour. Tuesday she only lasted 20 minutes in the crib. I was really worried because I'm not ready for my 2 year old to stop napping! How would I get anything done?! My day would be crazy Macy all day long!

Then I remembered, she took a 2 1/2 hour nap on Sunday. Why? She didn't go to sleep until 2:30 which is 2 hours later than she usually goes down. Today I put her down at 1:30 and it worked! She is still asleep and it's been an hour. Thank you Heavenly Father for that realization so I don't have to go crazy.

The only good part of her not napping is I was able to put her to sleep at 7:15 and 7:30. Last evening she must have been tired because she quietly laid down on my chest for at least 5 minutes while we watched TV. It was very sweet and reminded me of her newborn days when she would do that. As sweet as that was, I still love nap time too much to give it up.

I do love your cuddles Macy so you can keep that up too!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel about nap time! Grayson has skipped his nap a couple times here and there and I felt the same way. NO way am I ready to lose naptime! I'm glad you figured out the trick with Macy. I'll remember that in the future. :)

Chelsey said...

Just when you get a routine figured out, they grow to a new phase with a new schedule. Way to go for figuring this one out early.