Thursday, October 11, 2012

Beautiful Skyline Drive

Only an hour away in the Shenandoah National Park is a beautiful mountain range covered in trees. In the fall these trees change colors so its a popular destination for tourists to drive along the road called Skyline Drive. It's 104 miles long and it's the only road that goes through the National Park. We heard it's beautiful so we decided to drive it during Ja's paternity leave.

We only drove to miles 25 then turned around because Macy was not a happy traveller that day. She wanted to watch Netflix on my phone but the phone couldn't get coverage. Thus a very unhappy girl was born. I tried to explain to her that sometimes the phone can't get its 3G coverage when there are a lot of trees around and when we are high up in the mountains. She thought about this for a second then said, "Get off mountain!" We were on our way out of the park so we had to sing a get-off-the-mountain song which was "She'll be comin' round the mountain" a few times. When that was over we had to sing a trees go away song which was sung to "Rain, rain, go away." This bought us enough time to get 3G coverage again. We stopped for lunch at The Apple House and enjoyed a good meal and apple and pumpkin donuts.

Here are my favorite shots of the day. Ja took all of them except one. He has a great eye for photography.

This was the view from the top of the mountain. Growing up I thought there were big mountains like the CA and UT mountains everywhere. After seeing this "mountain" (which is more like a hill) I know I was wrong. 

This was my contribution to the photos.
 And this one.

Another view from a different pull-out. You can see more trees are changing. 


Macy had a great time pulling the weeds. 

I really love this one! I'm bummed the weed in right in front of her face! She was so happy to show it off though.


This is my most favorite! I love the genuine smiles on our faces. I love feeling Macy's tiny arms and hands wrap around me and squeeze me while she tells me that she loves me. So precious!

As you can see, not too many trees had changed colors yet. But the few that did sure are pretty.


1 comment:

Ja said...

I don't know what you're talking about. Your contribution to the photos were the best looking ones! Mine looked good because they're of you and Macy.