Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Anna at 7 months old

My baby is already 7 months old!!
Yes Macy, that's Anna

The flash is still too bright for her

Playing airplane with daddy and Macy

She likes to go up high

She is such a joy to have in our family. She is the happiest and easiest baby. She goes along with the flow and only protests when she is tired but will proceed to fall asleep. Except and church, she won't sleep there.

Anna is a good eater. She's eating all sorts of foods now. She eats: rice cereal, zuchinni, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pears, plums, peas, pears, apples, yogurt, and bananas. All pureed of course.

She's finally starting to sleep all through the night! Thank goodness. Although, I didn't entirely mind her waking up in the middle of the night because it was the only time I got one-on-one time with her.

Anna puts up with Macy's constant pesterings which include being (gently) slapped on the belly, having her cheeks pinched together, toys being taken away, being held very uncomfortably, etc, etc. Instead of getting mad she laughs when Macy lies on top of her or bonks her on the head. Anna loves her big sister and loves the attention from Macy.
Macy and Anna going to the "beach"
At her 7 month appointment she weighed 13 lbs 3 oz. I forgot to write down her length :( I guess I could measure her here...

I don't know what else to say about Anna other than she is the happiest, sweetest, and good-natured baby. I get asked all the time if she is always this happy. Yep, she is. She hardly cries. Only when Macy really does hurt her which is usually by accident. I love seeing my two girls play together and love each other. Macy loves showing Anna things and talking to her about things. Anna adores her sister. Anna is a good sport with all the things Macy wants her to do.

I now know that Anna knows that I'm her mother. I was a little unsure about this since she is bottle-fed and I'm not the only one who feeds her. Last week she was tired and being a little fussy while someone else was holding her. I took her and she instantly stopped crying. Tonight I sat in the back seat of the car (which I never do) and Anna looked and me and started laughing. She was so happy I was back there with there and put her hand on my arm. It's so wonderful that she isn't clingy to me all the time but still knows that I'm her mommy. It's the best of both worlds.
 Anna can sit up for a few seconds all on her own. I'm still not confident to leave her on her own yet but she's getting there!

Anna with her friend Callie 
I love my little Anna so much and am so grateful for such a happy and beautiful daughter! I love her round little face. I love that the hair stands straight up on the top of her head. I love that her little fingers grasp anything and everything that comes near them. I love that she does sit-ups all the time. I love that she flaps her arms and hits them against her stomach when she's excited.

No comments: