Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ja's Big 3-0!

Ja's birthday was celebrated over many days this year. What better way to have a birthday?

The Saturday night before his birthday we went shopping to buy Ja a new suit. Dorothy was still here from her stay in Virginia so she watched the girls for us. We found a great suit from Banana Republic that looks really nice on Ja. It's a different type of suit than he previously had- it's a "skinny" suit. He's very lucky he has such a long thin body because those kinds of suits look great on him. I'll have to see if he'll let me take a picture of him in his birthday suit :) (the BR suit obviously).

Then on his actual birthday he had to drive down to Richmond to film an interview for work. So we didn't see him until the late afternoon. This was nice for me because I had plenty of time to pick up balloons and cake and I didn't have to be sneaky about it. I asked him what he wanted me to make for his birthday dinner and he said he wanted to order pizza. That says birthday to him. Easy enough, so we had pizza and ice cream and had some friends come to eat with us.

I got this delicious red velvet cake from Fluffy Thoughts Bakery in McLean. It was delicious. This birthday was just as much Macy's birthday as Ja's. I had to buy her a "birthday" cupcake and one of the balloons we bought for Ja was "Macy's balloon."

I bought the 3 and 0 candles from the grocery store. Macy wanted to play with the 3 since she is three. I let her but told her to be very very careful not to drop it so it doesn't break. She was very careful and I'm the one who dropped the 0.

If you notice Macy's cupcake looks a little funny. She wanted to eat it in the car on our way home from the bakery. I told her if she ate it now we couldn't put a candle in it and sing to her later. So she proceeded to eat just the bottom part and savedt he frosting so we could sing to her.


I asked Macy what she wanted to buy daddy for his birthday. Of course she said it was her birthday too and she wanted a kite. She has been watching a lot of Mary Poppins and loves the kite flying part. So we went to the toy store and Macy picked out this black shark kite for Ja. She also picked out a little blue one for herself. She was so excited about it, if you can't tell from her big smile. She couldn't contain her excitement and told him to open his kite while carrying the present to him. I was impressed it stayed a secret for most of the day though.

Ja also got some new shoes and Macy wanted to take his picture with them. I also picked up some half dollar coins for Ja because he's been wanting them for doing magic tricks.

We had to end the celebrations early because Ja was in charge of the Cub Scout Roundtable meeting that night. He left to get that all set up and he said it went really well.

Ja's birthday was on Thursday and I wanted to take him to The Good Stuff in DC for his birthday but since he was in Richmond we went Friday instead. We got another great parking spot and enjoyed the very delicious burgers, seasoned fries, and toasted marshmallow shake. Then we went to the park to fly kites.

Saturday night we had a birthday party for Ja at Rebounderz in Sterling. It's an indoor trampoline place. It's in a big warehouse building with two sections of trampolines that are at least 50 yards long. You can bound from trampoline to trampoline and even bounce off the walls. It was a blast! We took some of our friends: Greg and Holly, Joe and Ellen, Katrina and Steve, and Katrina and JC. Some of our friends couldn't make it but we'll have to go again because it was so fun. Ja said when anyone asks him what his favorite birthday was he'll say his 30th. That made me feel good.

So after 3 days of celebrating Ja he is officially 30 years old! I can't believe it! He's so old :) The sad thing is, I'm next... at least I have a couple more years.

No comments: