Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My cute little Anna

Anna is usually the happiest baby on the block. She'll smile when we talk to her and will laugh at Macy's funny antics. She hardly ever cries. In fact a few people have commented on how happy she is and asked if she ever cries.

So when she got sick 4 days ago and cries and screams all night long we don't know how to handle it. She hasn't been sleeping at night so she is incredibly exhausted during the day and cries a lot.

I feel terrible that happy Anna is no longer happy. She must be in so much pain (fluid in her ears but no infection) and very uncomfortable (bad cold and pink eye). I can tell she wants to sleep but can't seem to because she's uncomfortable. The sad thing is she won't stay asleep in my arms for very long. Otherwise, I would cradle my baby all night long so she can sleep.

Fortunately last night she fell asleep around 2:30 am and is still sleeping ( it's now 9:30). That's the best she's done in the last 4 days. Two nights ago she didn't fall asleep until 6:30 am. That made for a very long night.

I'm not writing this to talk about my lack of sleep lately. I'm writing to remind myself that Anna is still a happy baby and its the illness that is making her cranky and sad. I feel so bad that she feels terrible and wish I can do something to make her feel better. I think she is on the mend since last night was a better sleeping night. Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery and a happier Anna!











No comments: