Monday, April 7, 2014

Funny things from today

Macy has been asking to buy flip flops for a few weeks now. I'm not sure where this flip flop desire is coming from since it's still been winter-like temperatures here. Every day she's been asking to buy flip flops. She has even pretended that her regular shoes are flip flops. I'll ask her if she wants to wear her heart shoes and she'll answer, "Oh yeah, those are my flip flops."

We were at the mall today so I thought we'd pop into Old Navy to check out their flip flops. They were only $3.50 so I bought her a pair. When I told her we could buy some she was thrilled. She got a huge smile on her face and said, "YES!!" She picked out some coral colored flip flops with white hearts on them. She wore them out of the store. She asked me why she couldn't hear the flip flop noise. She really wants to hear that noise. Macy then requested playing on the playground at the mall with her new flip flops. She is so proud of those things.

I couldn't believe she actually wore them because in years past she has hated anything between her toes. Apparently this isn't bothering her anymore. I've never seen her little toes in flip flops so I think they look so adorable. I hope to get a picture soon. I have to help her put them on her left foot because she has a hard time spreading her toes apart. I think it's so cute. She even wanted to wear them to bed tonight because she was pretending they were her slippers. Hopefully we can get some warm weather soon so she can wear them outside.

Now for Anna. Ja is out of town tonight so I put her to bed (usually his job). I was rocking her while singing to her. She had her head resting on my shoulder and every few seconds she would lift it up to give me a kiss. It was the sweetest and cutest thing! Sometimes one kiss wasn't enough, she wanted two or three. She didn't pucker up but I knew she wanted a kiss because I could tell she was looking at my lips. I'm so glad I got to put her to bed tonight! I love kisses from Anna!

No comments: