Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Macy the artist

August 18- Macy wanted to sell lemonade today but I was able to talk her out of it. One reason being she sold packs of gum a few weeks ago and has sold things multiple times this summer. I feel bad for the neighbors having to buy one more thing. And two, we had no lemonade. 

She had the brilliant idea of drawing people's portraits for free. She wrote "free caricatures" on a paper and taped it to a chair. She then sat at the end of the driveway with paper and a pencil. It was around 3 pm so people were still at work. No one was driving by. She asked where everyone was then said daddy didn't ask anyone to come. (How did she know he does that to get people to come buy stuff?) 

She drew my picture and cut it out for me. She asked if I wanted my teeth lines so I said yes. 

She only got to draw her parents portraits. She was fine with that and went to play inside while I sat and watched for customers. I love her entrepreneurial spirit. 

No comments: