Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Macy's first day of Kindergarten!




My little girl is in Kindergarten! Where has time gone?!

Her first day was August 26th. The school staggers in the kindergarteners so she only went once this week. I woke her up at 6:50 and she shot out of bed so excited. She had slept in her clothes so she wouldn't be late! I thought that was adorable, and a good idea. 

She didn't want to eat breakfast at home because she knew the school provides a free breakfast. So she was ready to leave at 7:05 a.m.! We can't get into the school to 7:15 so I had to hold her off but only for a few minutes. I drove her to school and wanted to walk in with her to eat breakfast. We arrived right at 7:15 as the bell was ringing. 

We dropped off her backpack then headed to the cafeteria. She already memorized her lunch number (4556) and punched it in like a champ. She ate then we headed off to class. 

She walked right into class and sat at her seat to color. She didn't even look back! I started to tear up but held it together until a teacher handed me a tissue. Then the tears came down. Once I got in the car I really cried. I'm not exactly sure why I was crying. I guess I'm sad that a part of Macy's life is over. She is growing up and maturing. I'm not sad that she's away from me because I know she loves school and she'll thrive there. I guess I also cried because I'm proud of who she is. For whatever reason I'm glad the first two days are over! (I also teared up the second day.) 

I hope you have a wonderful kindergarten year Macy! I'm so proud of you!!


No comments: