Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sacred Grove





The Sacred Grove is a beautiful place to be on a drizzly Sunday afternoon. The rain made a soft dripping sound off of all the leaves and trees. The water also made the green in the leaves brighter and more vibrant. We had a nice time wandering around the grove of trees pondering what occurred here. Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ here and spoke to them. While walking around I could really feel that Joseph really did see and talk to them. I could picture him walking from his house to the grove, walking out totally surprised and shaken up, then telling his mother what happened. It's an amazing and spiritual place to be. If you can only go one place while you are in New York you should go here. I took a lot of pictures in the grove, I'm only posting some of them here. I think it would be cool to frame a few of my favorite pictures and put them up in our house. 





 

No comments: