Saturday, May 10, 2008

We made it to Mount Rushmore!

Since we don't get reception up here I figured I would write a post saying we made it safely. It was an 11 hour drive up here but it didn't seem long at all because we listened to "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" the whole drive up. The drive was also fun because neither of us had driven that way before so we were excited with the new landscapes. There are more cows in Wyoming than people, but it sure is beautiful. What we've seen of South Dakota is beautiful too. We will drive all the way across SD tomorrow so we'll see more then. The highlight of the day was having to slam on the brakes so we didn't hit the 5 deer that were standing in the road. Now I really understand the saying "deer in the headlights." We did take some pictures today but I will post them later because the camera cord is in the car and it's really cold outside so I don't want to go out. We are having a fun trip so far! 

No comments: