Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Perspective Changes

It's funny how different events in your life can change your perspective. Pretty much all of Macy's life I have been the one to put her to bed at night. Except for the occasional babysitter or night when I would go out. She was always good for the babysitter or Ja when they put her to bed. But if I'm ever home I must be the person to read and sing to her.

After 2 1/2 years of this I was growing very tired of the monotony. Reading the same books, singing the same songs twice a day. For a while the whole process was taking 40 minutes. I only wanted a break and I didn't want to leave the house in order to do it. With some answered prayers we've gotten it down to about 20 minutes of reading and only one song.

Now that Anna is here I cherish this special bedtime routine with Macy. It's a time when I get to spend uninterrupted time with Macy and my full attention is on her. She likes to cuddle while we sit in her rocking chair together reading books. I spend a lot of time with Anna since she eats every 3 hours. I'm so glad I get the fun cuddle and story time with Macy twice a day. I love that my final daily memories are putting her in bed, kissing her good night, telling her she is a good girl, telling her I love her, and hearing her sweet voice say "love you mommy." Now I never want this routine to stop.

No comments: