Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Yellow Arm Pit Stains Be Gone!

I'm blogging this in case anyone needs it but also for my record. I don't want to forget this!

I found this link on Pinterest on how to remove yellow arm pit stains from shirts. I had plenty of white shirts that needed this treatment so I figured I'd give it a try. The stains were so bad we were thinking about throwing the shirts away so I was really hoping this would work. It totally did!

The mixture is Dawn dish soap (I used Palmolive and it still worked), hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda. For about one shirt the recipe is:

  • 1 tsp Dawn
  • 3-4 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide
  • 2 tablespoons baking soda
Scrub the paste onto the stain with a scrub brush. Let it stil for awhile (I did overnight) then wash as usual. 

Make sure to use plenty of the paste on each stain. I didn't the first time and the stain got better but didn't come out completely. I used more the second time and the stains came completely out.  

I didn't take any before and after pictures because I was washing *unmentionables* but I was quite pleased with the results. I also tried it on a white dress shirt and it worked great. Since I had a bunch of shirts to try it on I didn't really measure the ingredients. I put everything into a bowl and went to town scrubbing. Macy even helped a little.

No comments: