Monday, February 11, 2013

Macy's Voice

Not only does Macy have a very sweet voice (when she's not whining or crying) but she has started to say the funniest things. I think I'm really going to like her personality when she gets older!

I think I've posted this one before but I still think it's so cute: "I'm being prayerful mommy." Prayerful = careful. She says this a lot when she is lying on top of Anna or hitting her stomach. Yeah, real careful Macy.

Her newest and most repeated saying right now is: "Hi Anna (or whomever), what's your name?" She says it rather quickly and with a little silliness in her voice. She says it to Anna the most. That's funny for two reasons, obviously Macy knows Anna's name and Anna can't respond. Macy can be heard saying this at all times of the day.

During Christmas vacation and for a few weeks after Macy's saying was: "Welcome to my day!" She would say it randomly and enthusiastically.  And usually in sets of two.

For a few days Macy has been calling me Mama. I've always been mom or mommy. That isn't necessarily funny in itself but she usually says this: "Mama, where you going mommy?" or "Mama, can we play princess mommy?" It's as if she likes the sound of mama. She also calls me grandma when she's really silly.

When Anna sleeps in the same room as Macy at night, Macy will climb into the crib in the morning and play with Anna. It's very sweet and it buys me a few more minutes to close my eyes before having to go get them. Macy is helpful and takes Anna's sleep sack off too. She will often say, "Mama, me and baby awake!" That's when I know I have to go in their room.

I love that although Macy is in a toddler bed and fully capable of getting out herself she still calls for me to open the door to let her out of the room. "Where are you mommmmmyyyy??" Still makes me laugh,

The other day we were playing and I asked Macy where she got something. Her answer: "My prince made it for me." She's already dreaming of princes.

Right up there with "Hi Anna, what's your name?" is her phrase "do da, do da, do da." Or "new na, new na, new na." She likes to tack those on to the end of sentences or even in the middle of one to keep you on your feet.

Macy has been requesting Cafe Rio a lot lately. Anytime we mention going out she always asks for it. Unfortunately it's just far enough away it's a little difficult to get there during the dinner hour. The other day she wanted to go but it was 2 p.m. and I didn't feel like going then and we didn't have time to go for dinner because of other plans. I told her it was too far. She responded, "I have a map mommy! In my pocket!" She had the cutest face too. She was so proud of her pretend map and so happy to use it.

I call Macy sweetie or sweetheart a lot. This was proven when I was talking to Anna the other day and I called her sweetie. I asked Anna a question about something and ended it with sweetie. Macy responded to my question even though she was focused on her TV show.

A couple of days ago Macy was upset I had to stop playing with her in order to feed Anna. Since Ja is working from home now Macy said, "Daddy feed Anna!" I explained saying that daddy is working so we have to pretend that daddy isn't here. She responds, "No, daddy is real!" Touche Macy.

I never realized the sayings I repeat a lot until Macy started to talk. She copies my sayings and a few of Ja's too. The one I've noticed a lot lately is "really quick." I say things like, "Let's brush your teeth really quick" or "Let's change your diaper really quick." So it's funny to hear Macy explain things to me like this "Ok, first we go play really quick, then we go Halle's house really quick, then we... really quick..." She also hold her hands out with palms out like an adult would do to demonstrate multiple points.

Macy loves to pretend to be different people. Sometimes she's Mommy, sometimes she's a baby, or Ja, or Santa Claus, or a princess. She'll tell me, "Mommy say, Ja what you doing?" if she's pretending to be Ja. I have to ask "Ja" and then she'll answer. For instance, we were at a friends house today who has a little armchair and ottoman. Macy was sitting in it with a play computer. She told me to "ask Ja what I'm doing." I did and she replied, "I'm working mommy." She had her feet propped up just like daddy does at home.




No comments: