Monday, November 4, 2013

My 28th birthday

I had a really great birthday today. Ja always does a great job making sure my special day is special. Macy woke up and came into my room and the first thing she said was "Happy birthday mommy!" I couldn't believe she remembered.  That was a great way to start the day.

The girls and I hung out in the morning and played. Macy pretended our bed was a pool and jumped into the pool a lot. Her and Anna even wore their bathing suits. Macy asked when my friends were coming over for my party. We didn't have anything planned but I thought it was cute of her to ask. Her friends come to her birthday so why not mine?

I put Anna down for a nap then took a nice hot shower without anyone crying or asking questions. Ja took Macy out to buy presents so I could have the house to myself. I had a very nice 1 1/2 hours to myself- I even took a nap! That was the best present. I also got to spend some one-on-one time with Anna which is something I don't get to do often. 

Macy was hilarious all day about my birthday. She told me happy birthday repeatedly in different ways. She would say things like, "can I have some water happy birthday mom?" Or "here's the bowl happy birthday mom." Too funny. 

While picking out the cake with Ja she again asked about my friends coming and he said they weren't coming today. She replied, " but mommy needs her friends!" Ja thought she was right and texted a bunch of friends to come over for cake and ice cream. The cake Macy picked out was huge and had tons of frosting- her favorite. 

We ordered Chinese food for dinner. I'm always in the mood for Chinese. Then our friends, Trevor and kids, and Greg and Holly and kids came. It's always crazy to have so many people in our little place but nice to know so many people came to support me. 

Macy picked out my presents this year and I got a blender ball water bottle and a pasta roller to make fresh pasta. Macy loves spaghetti. She tells me to make the really long pasta. Ja got me a massage too. 

Birthdays are always fun and it's sad to see them over. It was a good excuse to put off doing laundry and cleaning the bathroom for one more day. 

I told Ja the only thing I wanted for my birthday was a love letter and he have me all this too!

No comments: