Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What I'm grateful for today

For the past two months Macy has been requesting me to lie down with her until she falls asleep. As this can take up to 45 minutes (sometimes only 20) I have a lot of time to think about things. Tonight I thought up a list of things I'm grateful for today.

1. Jill was able to visit us for 9 days. We will all miss her, especially Macy.

2. The girls have gone to bed easily every night this week. This doesn't happen for many days in a row but it's been 4 so far. Knock on wood.

3. Having the mall so close to us. We spent 3 1/2 hours there today to fill our afternoon while Ja is in San Francisco.

4. The holidays to look forward to. It will be fun to spend Christmas in our own home!

5. Macy's sweetness and innocence. She's been calling Anna a hotdog lately, very affectionately. She is also concerned that Santa won't be able to come to our house because we don't have a chimney. 


6. Anna's independence. When she's fed she will walk all around the house by herself carrying things around.


7. Great friends. We are having a party for my birthday on friday.

8. A wonderful husband who is always so helpful and loves the girls so much. He loves me too :)

9. Macy went to bed before 9 tonight so I could watch one of my favorite shows-- Modern Family.

10. Anna sleeps through the night- finally! That took over 14 months to achieve.

11. It's nice having this down time to think before I go to bed. That way my mind isn't racing when I'm trying to fall asleep.

12. The beautiful fall colors outside.

13. Having a temple close. And that I could go with Jill!

14. Beautiful sunsets!

15. We will be spending 25 days in California. I'm grateful for our family for helping make that happen. 

16. Macy's growing independence. Ever since my parents visited last month Macy has been picking out her own clothes and getting dressed by herself in the bathroom. It's funny that she won't dress in her bedroom. She also loves to brush her hair and teeth. Also, she loves to go potty by herself in public. We are still working on that at home but it's getting better too. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog posts. I'm thankful that I have a wonderful wife who documents our life together so that we can read them when we are old and our grand kids can read them when we are senile.