Sunday, March 23, 2014

Macy's first haircut!!

Yesterday Macy got her very first real haircut at a salon. I also got my haircut and she sat very still watching Becca cut my hair. I loved watching her face. She had an expressionless face but I knew the wheels were turning as she watched all the goings on in the salon.

 We got our hair cut because Macy consistently asked to get her hair cut for a few weeks. When she would ask if we had an appointment and I said no she would tell me to call Becca. She has been afraid of it for the last 4 years which is why we waited until she was almost 4 1/2 to get a haircut. 

Macy did her little smile when she doesn't want people to know she is happy. I was so proud of her how still she sat. 

Putting the cape on. 


Figuring how much to cut off. 

Here we go!!


Becca cut a few inches off!

Macy had to stand on the chair since her hair was too long. 

I had to save some of my baby's hair! I was getting emotional watching my little girl become a "big girl." 


Cutting layers

Macy was so happy with her haircut!

To top things off Becca curled Macy's hair. Macy loves getting her hair curled. 

The rest of the day Macy would stop in front of any mirror and check out her hair. She would shake to make her curls bounce and she would watch them in the mirror.  


I love this smile! Macy was thrilled but didn't want to smile too big. 

Checking out the back of her hair. 

Macy looks more grown up with shorter hair. Today when I brushed her hair she laughed and said, "You can't brush my hair mommy because it's so short!"

Ja was so surprised when he saw Macy. He loved it so much and told her over and over how beautiful she is. 

In the elevator later that day Ja said, "Macy, you know what?" She replied, "I know, I know, you love me." We tell her so often that we love her and how beautiful she is that she gets tired of hearing it. 

Macy loves her haircut! And I do too!! She is so beautiful!





Update: The next day Macy said, "Mommy, when can I get my hair cut again? Because that was fun!" She's asked me multiple times if she can get her hair cut again. She also laughs when I wash her hair because "now it's so short!"


1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Darling post. She is such a brave girl. What fun to get your haircuts together!