Saturday, May 16, 2015

Our fun week planned by Macy

Macy's friend Alyssa is on vacation for two weeks. I wasn't sure what we were going to do without them since we usually see them twice a week. Macy stepped in and planned out whole week out for us. 

Monday was a normal day of grocery shopping and staying home which is why I think Macy wanted to do fun things the rest of the week. We went to Target and Macy wanted to take pictures of things she wanted for her birthday. She was taking pictures of individual items which turned out to be most things here. Then she said, "I want it all." And took and picture of the whole end cap. 
Anna wanted this cute purse. I love that little smile that got captured. 

Tuesday Macy wanted to have a picnic at her school then go to the kids museum. They both love it there so much. We've been going for a year now, too many times to count, but they love it as much as the first time. We spent 2 1/2 hours there and they didn't want to leave. But I had to go home to make these amazing calzones. 

Wednesday we ate lunch after preschool then went strawberry picking. Macy remembered the place we went a year ago (Hall Family Farm) and wanted to go there again. It was a hot and sunny day but we had a lot of fun. The strawberries were ripe and there were plenty of them. 

These bouncy balls are what Macy remembered from last year. 

Anna was so adorable in her sunglasses and hi-pack (aka backpack).

Water trough duck races. 

There was an old fire truck to climb in. Macy looks miserable but was having a great time. 


Macy found some fireman dress-up gear. She rode all over the place on her trike and fireman gear. Her cheeks were pink and she was sweaty but she didn't want to take the stuff off. She was zipping and zooming on that tricycle. 


I think I picked most of the strawberries but the girls did help. Anna loved the little baby ones. We ended up with six pounds  of strawberries!

Here's Anna and Owen while I picked. 

Since it was so hot and the girls behaved so well we bought slushies to cool off. 

Our beautiful and delicious berries!

After feeding Owen and Macy zooming around on her trike again we headed home to eat dinner. We had more to do that night!

Macy wore herself out and slept most of the way home. I had to wake her up when we got home. 

After dinner I took the family and our neighbor Ron on a walk. I've been wanting to show them the trail I go running on for a month now. I knew they would enjoy it. The day cooled off and the evening was perfect. Macy rode her bike, Owen slept, and Anna was pushed in the stroller. The trail we did was 1.5 miles and I think Macy rode more than that. She would ride ahead of us, then come back to us, then go ahead again. 

I knew the girls would love climbing the rocks at the end of the trail and I was right. It was hard to get them to leave their "castle." 

Anna at the top of her castle. 

At this point they were on a train. 


Macy was in rock climbing heaven. 

Ja leaped from one rock to another. 

Anna was so cute with Ron and talked a lot to him about rocks. 

Thursday, Macy had her last day of Soccer Shots. She received a medal and was thrilled with it. It's very special to her and she's very proud of it. 

After soccer we went to North meck park with Emma and the girls had a great time. I was really proud of Anna because at one point both her and Emma wanted the purple bucket and shovel. After fighting over it for a minute Anna shared with Emma and said, "your turn." She had a big smile on her face so I know she felt good for sharing. 

Macy ate all her dinner with no coaxing from me which is a big deal so I have to document it. 

Friday, we ate lunch then went to the museum again for 2 1/2 hours. Once again the girls loved it. 

We left so we could go out to eat with Ja. Macy choose Brixx pizza since they give the kids dough to play with while waiting for the food. The kids were all well behaved and ate all their pizza. Dinner was great! So much quieter than eating at home. And the weather was perfect so we ate outside which was nice. 

After dinner we headed over to Ben & Jerrys for ice cream. They girls ate all of that too! They worked up an appetite!

My two favorite boys!

And my two favorite girls!

We came home and Ja mowed the grass to get a jump start on Saturday. The girls played in the front yard rolling around in the freshly cut grass. They were both covered in grass stains which amazingly washed out. 

Then Ja helped me sweep, mop, and clean the bathrooms in preparation for a baby shower I'm hosting tonight. He also helped me made the goodie bags. I couldn't have gotten everything done without him. Today he power washed the patio and blew the leaves off the walkway out front. He also took the girls to two parks so I could decorate. He is the best. I didn't have to ask him to do any of it. He asked me what I needed help with! Ja is the best!
















No comments: