Sunday, May 24, 2015

Papa's Super Fun Visit

My dad was able to come visit us just for fun! He could only stay for 3 1/2 days so we had a lot to pack in. Macy made a list of all the things she wanted to do with papa and we did them all! Each day was full of fun but not exhausting. Here is what we did:

May 20- Macy went to preschool in the morning so Anna got some one-on-one time with Papa at home. 

After school Macy wanted to go buy a pink baseball glove she saw at Dick's Sporting Goods so she could play catch with Papa. I was on board with the idea since Birkdale has a splash pad and that was one thing on Macy's list. So we bought the glove then headed to the splash pad. The girls were timid at first but eventually had fun. Papa is a big kid at heart so he had fun too. 

After the splash pad we headed home and Macy played catch with papa while I made dinner. It only lasted a few minutes. Macy got him to play some make believe game instead. 
After dinner was Macy's preschool graduation!

Thursday May 21st- Macy's last day of preschool! I cried as I drove home from dropping her off. I think I was sad my baby is growing up, I'm entering a new stage of life, and I'll never get Macy back as a little child. She is so excited about kindergarten and will be a great student which makes things a little easier. 

Sadly, this was a cold morning which made the fire house not very appealing. Both Macy and Anna did run through it once. 

Macy spent most of her time hanging out in her towel. (Macy, Caroline, Brynlee Megan)

Anna followed suit. 

Papa was so helpful and held Owen. 

After eating ice cream at preschool we headed to Macy's favorite place for lunch- McDonald's. My least favorite place to eat but it was her special day so we went. She saw a boy from preschool and was so excited about it. They barely waved at each other but she kept saying how fun it was to see Gabe at McDonald's. 

Then we headed to Macy's and Anna's other favorite place- the kids museum. We spent the rest of the afternoon there. As always the kids had a blast and it was pretty empty. 

I don't have any pictures of me here because I'm always taking them so my dad took one of me with the girls. 
The girls are so lucky to have a young and fit papa who can climb through this play structure. 

After the museum we went to Harris Tetter to pick up picnic stuff for dinner. We wanted to show my dad the White Water Center so I thought it'd be fun to have a picnic there. Well, when we got there they told us we couldn't have a picnic anywhere on the premise. We ended up eating in the car. Some picnic. 

At least the night was saved by the fun activities. The girls climbed on the rocks as usual. We then took a walk around the river and found this fun little obstacle course. The girls and papa had fun with it. Go Macy! You're almost to the top!

Friday was the last day we had with Papa. We really wanted to show him the Torrence Creek Greenway to climb on the rocks. It was a perfectly beautiful morning. The sun was shining, it was the perfect temperature so it wasn't hot or cold. The leaves were a vibrant green and we were mostly alone on the trail. 

We had so much fun playing on the rocks. 

Everyone found walking sticks for the walk back to the car. 

After our walk I fed Owen in the car so we could go to Chik-Fil-a for lunch. We did drive through so we could take it to the lake. I wanted to show my dad the lake so we went to Ramsey Creek Park. It was still beautiful!

Macy decided to bend over and put her hair into the water. The water temperature was pleasant! After the water we played at the playground a little then headed home for dinner. 

After dinner we headed to Charlotte so my dad could see the city. We ate dessert at Pikes Soda Shop. My dad and Ja got the bread pudding, I got the Toll-house pie, and the girls shared a giant piece of chocolate cake.

They had the most fun running around on a little patch of grass while we waited for Ja to get the car. Anna didn't want to leave. 

Saturday- Macy had one more thing she wanted to do with Papa and that was ride her bike on the tennis courts with him. We were able to fit that in before his flight. Anna came with me to the airport but fell asleep and didn't wake up when I dropped him off. I stopped to get gas on the way home and she woke up. She noticed he was gone as asked, "where's papa?" My heart broke. I told her he was on an airplane and she started crying, "no!!nooo!!"  I felt so bad and started crying to. I went to her in the backseat to comfort her and told her that papa said goodbye and that he loves her very much and he had so much fun with her. That calmed her down. It was so much fun to have him visit! Next time hopefully we can have more time together!

No comments: