Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Granola Bars

I found a great granola bar recipe which has been my favorite so far. I changed the recipe quite a bit to be healthier and this is what I've come up with. I've made a batch weekly because we love them so much.

4 cups rolled oats (I've used both rolled oats and quick oats and can't tell a difference)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 c softened butter
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup nuts

Press into a greased 9x13 inch pan. (I spray my hand with cooking spray to press because it's pretty sticky.) Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes. When I take them out of the oven I press them again with the back of the spatula. Cool in the pan. When they are cool cut into your desired size.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

sounds yummy and perfect for the fall that is soon coming!