Monday, August 1, 2011

Je T'aime

While Jonathan was off in North Dakota last week I embarked on a totally new art medium for me: painting. Our bedroom wall above our bed has been bare for the last 20 months and I couldn't find anything in the stores that worked. I made my own art by using my Cricut to make stencils and paint. My next step will be to not use any stencils but I am not a drawer or painter. Here's the finished product:

I especially loved my love birds.

I'm used to using paper for projects which makes for clean crisp lines so it was difficult to get used to the uneven edges of my letters and birds. All in all I enjoyed the project. Painting was the easy part; deciding the saying, the pictures and the layout was the hardest part. Next time I have a empty wall I'm going to try this again but using paper and do sort of a modge podge effect.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Chelsey said...

I love it! The french adds a nice touch. You are so creative!