Saturday, August 4, 2012

Two Separate but Equal Vacations

Macy has the best daddy! He took her across the country all by himself for 8 days to spend the week with my extended family! I wasn't able to go due to my pregnancy but Ja knew how important it was for me to have Macy see her family that she hasn't seen since Christmas. Luckily Macy did great on the airplane for him and slept well at the beach house in Ventura. Those two things were my main concerns but Macy was great!

She had a blast hanging out with her grandparents, my cousins, and aunts and uncles. I'm so grateful for Face Time and cameras on iphones. I felt like I was at the house with them because Ja sent me so many cute videos and pictures of Macy. Macy loved her trip too because she got to eat lots and candy, chips, and treats the whole week. I'm very grateful for all the family that helped entertain my baby while I couldn't. It's so great to know there are other people who love her as much as I do!



Macy loved playing with my cousins (4 boys). She called them "the boys" and especially loved it when they would play in her room with her.


Cute orange face, probably from Cheetos.

Watching the waves with her favorite Aunt 
Jill. Anytime Jill left the room Macy would say "More Jill!"


Macy loved the hot tub.
Macy actually ventured out into the cold water!
(Sorry the the horizontal photo. I can't get it to turn around)

Macy wanted to play in the tub used to getting sand off of feet. At least they made her put clean water in it.

Such a cute face after eating a ding dong.

Ja even got his nails painted.

Macy loved watching movies with "the boys" and Aunt Jill. They ate popcorn and watched Tangled and Napoleon Dynamite. Her two favorite

Ashely did Macy's hair.

Macy was in heaven with all the nail painting going on!

She fell asleep on Aunt Jill. I've never seen her do this so she must have be wiped out!

The Monday after their trip I asked Macy what we should do that day. She said, "Go on airplane with daddy." Apparently she loved the trip and wanted to go back! The best part is now she is best buds with her daddy and asks for him every morning and wants to play with him when he gets home from work. This is a huge change for me!

You may ask yourself what I did for 8 days. I had a great time doing whatever my heart desired! I got everything ready for the baby to come. She can come any time now and we'd be ready. I got other projects done around the house. I spent a lot of time with friends and went to a dinner with friends to celebrate the new baby. I went to the pool, I ate out, I woke up when I wanted to. It was fabulous! I felt so energized and relaxed when Ja and Macy came home. I told Ja that he should take the kids somewhere every time I have a baby. It was super energizing and relaxing. I look forward to doing it again.

No comments: